[From the Community Collection, a public trust in Agincourt, Iowa]
LAPP, Maurice [1925–2014]
oil on masonite panel / 27 inches by 33 inches
Chicago-born and educated at the Art Institute, Lapp received both a Ryerson Fellowship and Fulbright Grant for advanced study. He settled in Northern California about 1952 and eventually joined the faculty at Santa Rosa Junior College in 1956. This painting was acquired by William and Maureen Bendix and hung in their MCM home in Agincourt’s Riverside Addition. It was donated to the Community Collection by their children.
Micah Schwaberow, also represented in the collection, was among Lapp’s students at the College.