[From the catalogue-in-progress for “Landscapes & Livestock”, a loan exhibition for Agincourt Homecoming in the Fall of 2015]
BOOTHBY, Derick [1929–2006]
oil on cardboard / 9 inches by 7.2 inches
Rosalie and Derick Boothby sent this small painting as a Christmas remembrance to their friend Fr Emile Farber, priest at St Ahab’s Roman Catholic church. For occasions such as this traveling exhibit, the work is loaned to the Community Collection; at most other times, especially during Advent, it hangs near the confessionals at Christ the King, the Modernist church built by Farber in 1950-1951.